Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Last night was the last night of my PLN course! Wow I can say with great confidence that we are all a little sad it ended. What an ending though! Each teacher presented their work with such passion and commitment. What class works an hour and a half passed the end time? We sat there glued to our seats as each one of us presented. I wrote myself a "to do list" after some of the presentations! I say to the next PLN class in July...the bar has been raised! To our teacher Bill Burkhead thank you for your commitment to bring PLN to Plymouth! You have opened our eyes to a new world.
Last night Dwaine Chilcot presented a wonderful video called "Caine's Arcade" during his presentation. Wow that was powerful! I tweeted that I would show it to my second graders today. I did. The kids were so engaged you could hear a pin drop. The applause at the end of the video was delightful. Did they see a little bit of themselves in the video? I think they did! The discussion which followed was priceless. It sparked their imagination to think that a kid could do that. Great plans were hatched for their summer vacations. My students encouraged me to post the video on my website so they could share it with their families. So I did! If you didn't get to see the video I encourage you to do so.

Mrs. McGinnis' Class April 24, 2012
Watching Caine's Arcade

     http://cainesarcade.com/2012/04/caines-arcade-short-film/


No comments:

Post a Comment