Thursday, May 10, 2012



It's the 60th Year of Charlotte's Web!

Hello again,
My class started to read Charlotte's Web this week. They are quite excited! So last week I got a great idea. Well I thought it was a great idea. I decided to invite the children to bring in their e-readers with Charlotte's Web already loaded to read along with us. I have a paper copy available for each student as well. To my surprise...no one was able to purchase "Charlotte's Web" for their e-readers. I guess I was a little shocked. I assumed every book was available to download. So I'm on a quest to get someone to make Charlotte's Web available for e-readers. I tweeted Amazon Kindle,
Barnes and Noble Nook, Scholastic Books, and Harper Collins. Their responses were the same. At this time Charlotte's Web is not available. I can't help thinking what a great loss of revenue to these companies not to have such a classic book available as an e-reader. Maybe next next year? Please stayed tuned.

click on the link below to learn more about E.B. White the author of Charlotte's Web
http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/Kids/AuthorsAndIllustrators/ContributorDetail.aspx?CId=10499


One of my students received a Kindle for a Communion present last weekend. She brought it to school and a "When I Grow Up" by Kurt Zimmerman to our class. The students were so excited!







Ainslee is reading "When I Grow Up".

                                             
                                                Our first e- reader read aloud!

No comments:

Post a Comment